TA Roloff actuators can be upgraded with the patented FM System to carry out spring operated fail-safe mechanisms. The typical application areas of the FM System are areas where valves must automatically move to prior determined safety positions (end position “OPEN” or “CLOSED”) in the event of a power failure. The FM System uses the force of a steel spring after the electric actuator and the valve have been separated using an electromagnetic clutch. The reaction time for the fail-safe mode is very rapid at all positions of the valve and is less than one second.
- No electrical power required to move the valve to its safety position
- Activation time for 90° in failsafe mode is less than 1 second (Braking optional)
- Activation possible in any valve position
- No backup voltage necessary
- Patented, tried and tested technology